Monday, February 4, 2008

A Bushism

My brother-in-law got me a Bush Out of Office Countdown calendar this year (to go along with my Bush countdown clock screen-saver) that has Bushisms for every day of the year.

Now, I personally never thought anything could top this one: "Rarely is the question asked: 'Is our children learning?'" However, today's did. I'm not sure if I'd conveniently forgotten this one or if I'd never heard it, but here it is:

Told to a single mother of 3 in Omaha on Feb. 4, 2005, "You work three jobs?...Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that."

I was going to go off on a rant about this, but I'll let our President's words do all the talking this time.

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Wow! Isn't she "lucky" that she is able to work 3 (probably crappy) jobs just to make ends meet!

BTW...I want a countdown screensaver too! I think I'll ask for one for Valentine's Day!!

April said...

You can get your screensaver at BackwardsBush for free. Keychains and desk clocks are available for purchase.

351 days...

LunaNik said...

OMG...could the man be any more clueless

seriously...it's embarassing

Anonymous said...

I sure wish I was lucky enough to be that single mother!

MarĂ­a said...

Wow. I never heard that.
Reason #42,524,635,654,734,676,576,888 he's an idiot.