Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Don't Make Me Hate You, Hillary!

I've said before that I'll support the Democratic nominee no matter what because I prefer either of them to McCain. I didn't previously name the candidate that got my vote because of that. However, I have a blog and I'm not afraid to use it!

Stop complaining. The remarks last night about having to go first were quite unnecessary. You took a strong stance this weekend, and I'm glad that they started with the Sybil impression you gave from praising to shaming Obama in 2 days' time. I wanted to know why, too.

Say something new. You may have spent 16 minutes talking about health care, but guess what? You've had 19 other debates, and you just explained the differences last week! Just because you're in a different state does not mean you get to keep repeating yourself. If we're still tuning in, it's because we want to know more. In those 16 minutes, I learned nothing new, and you were driving the conversation.

Learn how to pronounce the (presumed) Russian President's name. That was embarrassing. That was a Bush mistake. You're better than that, and you're smarter than that.

Stop with the speech complaint. It's a campaign. You're both making speeches. All you do is make speeches and debate! Obama hasn't called you out on this one, but I will. Campaigns are only words. Deal with it.

Stop insulting Obama's supporters. This is the biggest one. If, somehow, you do pull yourself out of this losing streak, you're going to need the Obama supporters on your side. I've been one of the least vocal Obama supporters, and you're annoying me. If you win, I want to support you 100%. It was a tough call. It was a difficult choice. Give me credit for making an informed choice that felt like the right one to win in November. Stop belittling me already!

Oh, and Jeff at View From the Cloud wrote an awesome Open Letter to Ralph Nader. I can't add to it, other than to say "...what he said!"

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey girl! I've tagged you into a meme over at my blog. Enjoy :)

Kori said...

You go! :) I love the fact that you acknowledged her Bushism, too; that made me laugh out loud, because of course she is better than that!

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Hear hear! (or is it "here here"? I never get that right)

Great post - and I couldn't agree more.

MarĂ­a said...

Thank you so much - especially for the last one. She needs to stop acting like we're idiots.

Laski said...

Blog hopped from Huckdoll. Boy, did you hit the nail on the head. I think you did a better job than the talking heads on TV and radio.

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't care that you linked to me???? Of course I care!!! I'm so glad you found something you can relate to in my blog.

Thanks so much for showing some love during my recent bloggy crisis. I'm off to read more of your posts!! (I've been terribly behind in my reading!!)

Anonymous said...

You hit the nail on the head for sure. She's better than she's acting and it drives me nuts.

Jen said...

Great post - and I ditto everything you've said! Man, I wish I'd found your blog sooner. I'm *so* glad you stopped by!