Saturday, May 10, 2008

Weekend Wrap-Up

Hope all the moms out there had a great day.

Since we celebrated last weekend, it was mostly just Sunday for us today - with the girls being extra-well-behaved. Riley made me this card at school:



And Sylvia took some material, and embroidered my name on what is now a scarf:



The girls rehearsed earlier so tonight after dinner, I'm to get entertainment, too.

I had my IEP meeting this week for Riley's speech. She substitutes "w" for "r" - my sister calls it her Bostonian accent. According to the speech therapist, she's 70% intelligible - and that sounds about right to me. So she's now set up to get 30 minutes of speech therapy every week, and that's good for 3 years. Hopefully, it won't take that long. All the Barbara Wa-wa news this week, though, made me glad that Riley will be getting the help she needs. Poor thing, if someone asks her name, they think it's "Wiley."

So, the nurse had to do a little presentation at the meeting; went over her height, weight, blah blah blah, no physical problems, blah blah blah. Then she added, "and she's super super cute." We all laughed and agreed; Riley is super super cute!

I had my first session back in therapy, and am so glad I did. Don't worry, I won't get into all the sorry details here, but it was good and I'm glad I'm going.

I'm 3/5 of the way through Marathon Man. I must be getting old; I couldn't stay up for the whole thing! I hope to finish tonight.

Oh, and I promised a pic of my sister's new dog - she's so gorgeous:



And just as sweet as the others. I guess she had competition at her old home for Top Dog ranking; here, the other 2 said, "yeah, whatever."

Go Mommy tagged me for the 6 word memoir.

1.)Write your own six word memoir.

2.)Post it on your blog; include a visual illustration if you'd like.

3.)Link to the person that tagged you in your post, and to the original post if possible.

4.)Tag at least five more blogs with links.

5.)Leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play!

As I told GoMommy, being succinct is not one of my strengths, but I'm attempting the challenge nonetheless. Here goes:

Slowly but surely, finding my way...

And now to tag. This is the really hard part because I don't remember who has done this, and who hasn't! So I apologize if this is a repeat for you: Kori, Law School Hot Mama, Lis Garrett, Jen at A2eatwrite, and HugaBug1, you're up!

15 comments:

KG said...

Six words will be though, but I bet I'm up to the challenge!

And I LOVE that dog. I want a dog SO BADLY. Must get house with fenced in yard first.

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

I like it. That's one of the best 6 word memes I've seen yet :-)

Even tho you didn't celebrate today...

Happy Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

Seriously, best six word meme yet.

Anonymous said...

OY! I've now been tagged twice for this one (and brevity is NOT my forte). Gotta meet the challenge now, though! LOL! Yours is brilliant, brilliant, brilliant!

Jacob has the same speech impediment as Riley, and he received weekly therapy in school. Lately, though, we feel like we can't understand him. Although . . . that may be because he now how two missing front teeth!

Glad your weekend was nice!

Me. Here. Right now. said...

It's fabulous, your six-word. Glad you had a nice MD. Mine was excellent - a nap was involved, those are always good days.

My did has a speech impediment with her "rs" unfortunately, it's not repairable - she's about 90% intelligible, so I'm thrilled. We didn't think we'd get that far! Good luck to Riley.

Tara R. said...

Loved the meme-oir... sounds like you had a wonderful MD. ♥

Kori said...

Hm, great, six words...it will take me all freaking day for that one! Glad your day was better than expected.

GoMommy said...

Love the memoir! It was really good. I think alot of us can relate! I'm so glad you had a great Mother's Day! Homemade gifts are the best, right?!

NH Yocal said...

Adorable doggie!

Glad to hear your daughter is getting speech therapy. My son has a few words that he constantly says wrong, I am not sure if it is a consanant thing yet.

And I love your six word memoir! Don't worry, I think many of us can relate. Hope you had a nice mother's day!

Jen said...

Sounds like a lovely Mother's Day, even if you did celebrate last weekend!

I'm glad Riley will get some help in terms of the speech. And I'm glad she's "super cute"! ;-)

Your sis's dog is, too!

Don Mills Diva said...

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day April!

Anonymous said...

What sweet Mother's Day gifts from the girls! Hand made gifts are always much much better than anything anyone could buy. NOthing beats a gift that requires thought and love in the making and giving.

Love the dog.

Glad Riley's getting the therapy.... and is "super cute". :)

Melissa said...

I love when dogs have light blue eyes.... so pretty!

LunaNik said...

I was in speech therapy as a kid for my R's and S's. Now peeps tell me that I have the Chicago R...whatever that means.

And, whoa, your six word meme was definately the most insightful six word meme that I have ever read!! I'm sooo glad you didn't tag me cuz this meme intimidates the crap outta me.

OHmommy said...

You should make your six words into a quotation opr something. It is brilliant!