Friday, August 8, 2008

More Bling and Questions

I still have more bling to recognize and pass on.

From Florinda and KarenMeg, I got this awesome award:



There are rules to go with this one:

1. Put the logo on your blog.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded you.
3. Nominate at least seven other blogs.
4. Add links to those blogs on your blog.
5. Leave a message for your nominee on his or her blog.

This time, I'll actually name names.

To Don Mills Diva - and no, not because you gave me one, but because it really is a brilliant blog.

To Mr. Lady - because I want the coolest blogger to like me!

To Kori - her Letter to her 18-year-old self is a must-read.

To BusyDad - the more I learn about you, the more I love you. (And for that HAWT fireman you posted not long ago.)

To Natalie - I can't wait to meet you!!

To Shiona - a new bloggy friend, and fellow single mom. I'm loving getting to know you!

To CableGirl - she's helping me (yet again) with a new blog layout so stay tuned!

There's one more award to go, but I'll save that for another day.

Citizen Jane tagged me for this meme, one I've been coveting for a while now.


What was I doing 10 years ago?
Ten years ago I was a first-time mom to 10-month old Sylvia. I believe we'd just completed our second, "let's start fresh" move to San Jose. I was about to meet one of the best bosses I'd ever had. I still believed that my marriage could work, but was feeling quite overwhelmed as a mother. Truth be told, I still feel overwhelmed as a mom - I'm just used to the feeling now.


What are five things on my to-do list today?
I'm going to say tomorrow instead since it's currently 10 pm on Friday night and I'm not planning on doing much more tonight than sloth.
1. Laundry. The second dryer STILL is not working.
2. Watch another episode (or two) of "Lost" with the girls. We're on Disc 6 of Season 1 so please do not ask me if I've gotten to [fill in spoiler alert]. (I almost actually posted a spoiler alert myself, but then realized how rude that might be for the remaining person or two that has not seen this show. I highly, highly, highly recommend it! It is WORTH going back from the beginning and watching. And Kori, you can rent it on Netflix. Do it. Don't question me, just do it.)
3. Go to a friend's house for a pool party.
4. Pick up drinks for said pool party. (Guess that should've come before, huh?)
5. Vacuum.

Snacks I enjoy:
Chips with melted cheddar cheese, dark chocolate, cereal, tortillas w/ butter or peanut butter.

Places I’ve lived:
I've pretty much covered this, but for the record: Huntington Beach, Bakersfield, Cupertino, Santa Cruz, Aptos, Capitola, Los Angeles, Vista, Hollywood, North Hollywood, South Pasadena, Denver, San Jose, Pittsburgh, Rochester, NY, and Burbank.

Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
Open my dream single parents organization, buy a house, pay off my parents' and my sister's mortgage, vacay to Hawaii and New York, consider moving to New York, but decide I'm way too wimpy for the weather, and just buy a second home there.

And now, here’s who’s getting tagged next...

Anyone who hasn't done this one yet.

I'll fill you in on the girls' trip to San Jose, and our adventure coming home from said trip in my Weekend Wrap-Up on Sunday.

9 comments:

BusyDad said...

April! thank you thank you! You're pretty darn awesome yourself. I guess it really helps that I only put the lovable stuff on my blog :D

And I have to let Joey the Fireman know that he helped me get an award ;)

(love your comment to Mr Lady)

Natalie said...

I'm sooo excited to meet you, too! And thank you for the award!

Your "places you've lived" resume looks about as thick as mine. We've even lived in one of the same place (San Jose).

Mr Lady said...

Pshaw. I totally like you already. And if I'm the coolest blogger, we've got to get you out more. :)

BUT....I am glad you've drank the BusyDad Kool-Aid. He IS totally the coolest blogger.

Thanks, sugar!

Jen said...

Congrats on more bling! I like the idea of a second home in NYC... visiting is oh-so-much better than slogging through living there.

Tara R. said...

Congrats on the award and good call on your 'pay it forward' choices, excellent blogs all.

MarĂ­a said...

Joey? aka Sex in a Uniform? Yeah, he's mine. Back off.

OHmommy said...

YAY. Congrats to you. And all of the awesome people you passed it on to. Great bloggers!!!

Don Mills Diva said...

Congrats April and thanks for the bling - having hung out with both Busy Dad and Mr. Lady I can confirm that they are brillant and cool.

Neither can hold their liquor, however. Just saying.

Kori said...

You like me! you really like me! And for you and Maria BOTH, hands the f85k OFF-Joey? Mine. I just want one night, though-you guys can fight over him after that. Although after me, well, he will be so spolied for anyone else that you don't have a chance. Just saying.