Julia at Sometimes Lucid has challenged me to name 10 favorite things that start with the letter "W." Well, you all know what the first one will be:
1. Wicked - yes, I've seen it six times. Given the opportunity (and funds), I'd see it again. The show's not perfect, but it's pretty darn close.
2. Wizard of Oz - I'm sure some of my love for Wicked has to do with The Wizard of Oz being my favorite movie when I was growing up.
3. Working - Sure, it's hard to balance working and motherhood, but I enjoy the challenges that work provides me. You know why? Because it's easier than motherhood! The duties are more clear-cut, and the people at my job anyway are just too great for words. I have no desire to take over the world through my work, but I enjoy what I do and I'm grateful for the opportunities I've been given here.
4. the Web - seriously, how did people do it before the Innernetz, as Dingo likes to say? I have a vague recollection of my life before the Web, and all I can think is, I was SO deprived!
5. the water - I'm most looking forward to watching the waves lap against the ship when I go in 11 days. While I can't go longer than 3 days in a row without seeing land, I loved being out on that vast ocean when I worked on a cruise ship. I loved listening to the water and being rocked to sleep.This is probably some indication of my still not being ready to leave the womb, and how immature I am, but I don't care. I still love it.
6. Whatever - I've written about this before, but for me, it's still a new experience to learn not to care about certain things. Things or people over which I have no control. I'm frankly proud of myself whenever I can let it go.
7. Words - I struggle with finding the right ones - and don't always succeed - but I love the power that words can have to inspire, to change the world. Yes, I really do believe that.
8. Wine - Either curled up on my sofa watching a good movie, or enjoyed with friends. Can't beat a good bottle of red.
9. The West Wing - yep. I'm still obsessed.
10. Warmth - I love being warm, I love the warmth of a fire, the warmth while cuddling with my girls and/or cat, and the warmth of friends.
If you'd like to play, let me know, and I'll pick a letter for you!