Thursday, June 17, 2010

This blog is 500 posts old!

I don't know what that number means, exactly, except it's a milestone of sorts.

Honestly, it's a little bittersweet. As you may have heard already, we received word this week that SV Moms Group, the umbrella organization that runs LA Moms, is putting up its last new posts on June 30.

My first LA Moms post went up October 28, 2008. Not even two full years, and yet, it dramatically changed my life. Instead of being just another mommy blogger, I was part of this dynamic community. I started meeting fellow local bloggers, and count them among my friends now. I look forward to events, not just for the event, but for the opportunity to spend time with some of my favorite ladies. Jessica Gottlieb, a former LA Mom blogger, hooked me up with Parentella, and I was part of another dynamic blogging community. And then, I was invited to be a Yahoo! Mother Board member, and am so excited for our summit next month and I love covering the monthly topics. I have LA Moms (and particularly Florinda, for first inviting me to apply) to thank for all of it.

As I try to celebrate this anniversary, I mourn the loss of an incredible community. I know the friendships will continue, and we are already trying to find a way to keep the LA Moms community together, but it won't be the same. It is indeed a milestone in this journey of the blogosphere.

Not to sound too maudlin, I am eternally grateful for everyone who has been a part of this journey with me. No matter how long it lasts, no matter how many milestones there are, the journey is most enriching because of you.

8 comments:

MindyMom said...

Wow, 500? That's pretty awesome. I'm fast appraoching 300 and I know waht a journey it's been for me to get that far.

Congrats. And may there be another 500+ more to come!

Kim Tracy Prince said...

And I am equally grateful for the friends and the thoughtful discussion that have come of it. I thank you for always being so supportive of me. You are a great role model for a mother of young children and I am proud to call you my friend.

Kim Moldofsky said...

Congrats on 500 posts! I look forward to meeting you at the Yahoo summit.

Tara R. said...

Congrats on your blogging milestone! 500th - woohoo! Here's to 500 x 500 more.

Unknown said...

That's awesome, April! Happy 500th!

Danielle said...

Congrats and I hope I am around for the next 500!!!

Elizabeth said...

I, too, have loved being a part of LAMoms blog and have enjoyed, particularly your posts! Good luck to you, and hopefully we can stay in touch!

Mandy Walker said...

500 posts! Definitely a milestone worth celebrating. Congratulations.

Mandy
http://sincemydivorce.com