Monday, August 2, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up: Alone at last!

After yet another busy week, my kids are gone! Oh, don't be alarmed; they're with my parents on vacation. They're spending the week at a resort, and most of it, I'd imagine, swimming. I love that I don't have to worry about them, that I know they're as safe as if they were with me, and surrounded by love.

They left Sunday afternoon, after Sylvia's rehearsal. She's been rehearsing most weeknights, as well as her dance class, and I figured out that my main role for the foreseeable future is that of chauffeur. But I don't really mind. Riley and I are getting some time alone, which is nice, and the drives usually mean good conversation with Sylvia so believe it or not, it really is quality time.

Sylvia is loving being a part of this show. She comes home absolutely glowing. It's a pretty great sight to see.

This week has still had its downs for me, though. I found out that the after-school child care is going to be double than what I'd previously budgeted, and I had a mini-breakdown about that. I can afford it; it's still less than what I was paying in the summer, but it means there are less discretionary funds than I'd originally thought. THAT gets tiresome.

I think I've done a pretty good job of balancing my week alone with actual alone time, some social time, and of course, work. Well, we'll see how I feel at the end of it, but I've been looking forward to this week for quite a while now!

As great as the Yahoo! Mother Board summit was, it didn't really allow for much time alone. I was thrilled to be in the fellow Yahoo! moms' company, but sometimes, I just need to be alone. Last night, I did pretty much nothing and it was awesome.

I thought I would spend my evening blogging, but I just vegged instead. I do have some blog posts in draft mode, and I'll warn you now, they're mostly rants. But don't get worried! I just like to get these things off my chest every now and again. A little ranting keeps me sane.


I'm trying to keep my expectations for this time alone realistic. We shall see...

3 comments:

MindyMom said...

A little ranting keeps me sane as well. (and as you well know) Enjoy your alone time! I'm jealous.

Jenni said...

Alone time is nice. I'm getting some myself actually! Girls are with their dad and his parents until Thursday.

It's good you're getting a break though, and your parents give you that safety net, so you can indeed get one.

Danielle said...

A week???? I am so jealous. I can't even imagine.