Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day of Firsts

Riley's first day at her new charter middle school was next to perfect! When I picked her up, she was just beaming ear to ear.

They didn't have her schedule at first, so her day got off to a rough start, but once that was solved, she had a great day.

She loves her teachers, she's made new friends, and she loves the after-school program, too. She's chosen Robotics as her activity in the after-school program, and I think she'll have a great time with that.

While she has 6 different classes, she has two of the same teachers for most of them, and thankfully, really likes her teachers. I love that I not only have their email addresses already, but one of them even has a class blog!

Sylvia had her first day of orientation at her new school, and she also really loved it. She has two more days of orientation, and then another week to wait until her arts classes start, but she's thrilled to finally be starting. She's made new friends, and already feels comfortable with her classmates - something that took her nearly 3 years to feel about her middle schoolmates!

And I had a first day back at work. It's harder than I thought it'd be to get back into the groove, but I think I'll find it eventually.

It was also the day of my dad's knee replacement surgery. It went very well, and he's starting the long recovery process.

I'm too tired to come up with any deep reflections on any of it. All that adrenaline is starting to wear off, but it's a happy tired for sure.

6 comments:

Missy June said...

Way to go, glad it was a great day all around.

Erica said...

Wow - this is a lot of change. Glad it's all positive.

BigLittleWolf said...

Happy tired is good...

:)

Cat said...

Yay!

Pippi said...

I'm so glad for you! I hope this school year will be comparatively a breeze.

jenn said...

I'm glad the school year started out well at your house. Shiloh is doing great, but I'm still getting used to the new schedule. haha