Tuesday, August 23, 2011

High School

This is just another, "OMG, my kids are growing up" post. Sylvia started high school today. High school. I'm kind of freaking out.

I mean, logically, I've known this is coming. I've been totally excited for her to start, and I feel a little stupid by making a big deal of this. But the reality of it feels like a big deal. I have a daughter in high school.

I keep thinking about where we were 8 years ago.

When I first started working here, and people would find out I have kids and how old they were, they'd say, "oh, you have little ones." They're not little anymore!

I love that they're older, I really do. I love talking to them. I'm still not quite sure what they're going to be when they grow up, but I love that I get to be part of their journey.

But I guess the beginning of high school sort of feels like the beginning of the end. And that's just weird. How did we get here? I'm finally starting to believe all those people that told me it would go by fast.

2 comments:

Tara R. said...

High School?! How did that happen? I hope she has her best school year yet.

jenn said...

Wow. High school! That's exciting, scary, and sad. I'm sure she'll do great though.

It's funny, I kind of feel like kindergarten is the beginning of the end too. It feels like next week I'll be the one saying my daughter is in high school. It goes by too fast!