Thursday, October 13, 2011

Some Commuting Observations

In Griffith Park (of all places), there's a sign that reads: "Haunted Hayride, Staight Ahead"
(well, I guess we know where to go regardless!)

I don't know why it took me so long to find this one, so obvious: "NIGTHCLUB"

There's a pickle truck that I see a few days a week. They're so proud of their "HOMADE" pickles, they say it twice!

There's an intersection where the left lane has a "stop here" line much farther back than the right lane. It's because a lot of trucks turn right there, and they need the extra space to make the turn. It's always a combination of funny and scary to watch the cars try to back up from my position in the right lane.

One guy mumbles his way down the row of cars waiting for the red light. I've never been able to decipher a word of it. I've wondered if it's Spanish, English or another language, but I think it's his own. Never seen him get a dime. He's there every day, though. Except for the days when we're running early. He doesn't start until 7:45.

There's a bright spot every morning when I brake at one particular stop sign and smile and wave to the crossing guard. She's always so happy to see me! It's not just me, it happens with several of us. That makes it even better. I actually missed her when she was out sick for a few days. I was glad to see her back.

No comments: