Thursday, August 23, 2012

Glimpses

Thanks to Mom for inspiring the name of this post!

Sylvia's first day of school went fairly well. But this pic of her was actually taken at the end of last school year at her dance recital.

.

We opened the musical this past weekend! It's going very well.

And I got this great pic of Riley from the local newspaper's coverage.



Speaking of glimpses, my mother and I have been catching glimpses of each other in the mornings, now that I'm back on the road, driving the girls to school. A few days ago, she sent me an email "I saw you!" On such and such street. "You were wearing yellow." I look down. I'm wearing a pink and white striped shirt layered over a pink tank top. And I never wear yellow. So I wasn't quite convinced she saw me. A day or so later, I'm driving through Griffith Park, and I see my mom, walking. I practically come to a screeching halt, frantically waving to her, but she remains oblivious, lost in her iPod. Finally, yesterday, again through Griffith Park, we saw each other and waved. Every so often, this crazy city actually feels like our family neighborhood.

1 comment:

Missy June said...

I'M SO JEALOUS THAT YOU LIVE CLOSE TO FAMILY!

Glad to hear that your show opened well and I hope you're having a fantastic week!