Friday, November 9, 2012

Not a Mommy Blogger; a Blogger with Children

I always had trouble with the label Mommy Blogger. Or any labels, for that matter.

At first, I recoiled against being called a Mommy Blogger, then I embraced it, and now, as always, I just want this blog to accurately reflect where I am. (Or, at least, where I think I am.)

While being the girls' mom will always be number one priority, parenting them has become an act we'd prefer to keep more private now. Maybe 5, 10 years from now (OMG, will I still be blogging then?!?), I can tell more tales of these years. But right now, it's just between us girls.

In the meantime, there are a lot of other things that encompass my daily life, that shape me in different ways, which I'd like to explore more here.

Of course, this doesn't mean the end of talking about the girls completely. There's very little in my life that isn't colored by them. And every so often, there are stories they actually want me to share here!

But this isn't a mommy blog anymore - if it ever was. It's just a blog that happens to be written by a single woman with two children.






2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hear, hear!

Truly, out of all of the blogs, I've hardly viewed yours as a Mommy Blog. In my eyes, it's always been more along the lines of woman blog, or at least a blog about about the life and values of a woman who happens to have children. Your readers know a lot about April — and that's a good thing!

Raine said...

I hear you. i never liked "mommy blog". I write about my kid but I'm def not a mommy blogger.