Friday, October 25, 2013
On today, your 13th birthday, I am as grateful as ever to be your mom. In no particular order, here are 13 reasons why I think you're awesome:
1. You're just generally a good person that wants to do the right thing, and is willing to take responsibility for your actions.
2. You're funny.
3. You put your arm around me when we're in public (and when we're not).
4. You understand when I need some alone time.
5. You graduated your speech IEP!! I'm so proud of you!
6. You are a good student and teachers always tell me you're a pleasure to have in class.
7. You speak your mind, and you're willing to listen.
8. You know your strengths and weaknesses.
9. You are great with kids!
10. You're great with adults!
11. You celebrate your individuality.
12. You smile every day and generally enjoy your life.
13. While you see the faults with the world and those in it, you still enjoy the wonders of the little things and dare to dream big.
I love you fiercely and completely. Happy happy birthday, my smiling Riley!
Posted by April at 12:00 AM