Friday, September 12, 2014

No Day but Today

Today is my 7-year blogiversary, which I have no business celebrating since I've barely blogged at all this year, but it was a good time to get back to it!

I suppose an update is in order. I am happily single again! As one friend put it, relationships - for the most part - result in a net negative. That sums it up for me.


I am also down to serving on just one Board.

I'm in downgrade mode because I want to actually enjoy my life, my loved ones and my activities to a more satisfying degree.

Sylvia is a senior this year. I have moved past denial and total freak-out and am in "just deal" mode at the moment. We have our good days and our bad days as I believe she is also in the "just deal" mode.

Riley is a freshman in high school. Most days, all is well. Some days, not so much.

I want to be there for both of them. Breathe through the bad, and enjoy the good. They are my first priority.

I want to be available to my friends. And I want need my downtime.

This summer, for a variety of reasons, was one of the most stressful in a very long time. I'm ready for fall.

I've been focusing on being quiet, on being still. I want to get back into blogging so that I can remember to step back and get the perspective that this activity gave me.

And as usual, chase that ever-elusive balance. 

2 comments:

Tara R. said...

Happy blogiversary. Seven years is impressive.
Both of your girls are in high school? That just tells me how long I've been following along with your stories. I do hope you'll be back writing regularly here... soon.

Kristine said...

Wow, both girls are in high school! That must be exciting :)

Bean is in grade three. And I'm newly single again too!

Maybe us blogger old-timers need to promise each other to update once a week