Thursday, June 11, 2015

Letter to My Daughter on Her High School Graduation



Well, here we are! You made it! I am so incredibly proud of you, and not just for graduating, but for how you’ve used this time to learn as much as you can about everything, and take advantage of almost every opportunity that came your way.

You are as ready as anyone can be to enter this new phase of your life. 
More than anything, I hope you know that you are not alone, and never will be alone, for as long as I’m around. And even longer, when you consider your sister, your family and friends…you will never be alone. 

While you know I’m a firm believer in independence, I hope I’ve also taught you that independence doesn’t mean you’re alone. It means you’re strong enough and wise enough to figure out what kind of help you need. Because we all need help, and the mature among us know how to ask for it and accept help. And to say please and thank you!

You have so many possibilities for your future, and I’m so excited to see what happens next! 

I love you fiercely and completely.
CONGRATULATIONS!!

Love always,
Your mom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your daughter and to you! What a lovely milestone. It really is a before/after moment, one of pride, both for her and for yourself. May she carry your wisdom with her forward, and may you grow from the wisdom she imparts on you.
Laura