While bits and pieces of my financial journey can be found through this blog, I thought about putting it all together in one place. Honestly, I've always wanted to write a book, too. I'm quite terrified, but I'm taking the plunge.
I still can't claim to be a financial expert, but I do have some things to say on how to change directions and can boast a few accomplishments:
- My credit score is now 804.
- I've gone from living paycheck to paycheck to living on last month's income.
- I paid off $8,000 in credit card debt in less than two years.
- I've paid in cash for my daughters and I to enjoy some wonderful experiences like seeing Newsies, going to the Hollywood Bowl, and some good meals with friends.
- I've paid in cash for car repairs, insurance premiums and moving costs.
- I started investing in Betterment.
OMG, I wrote (and published) a book!